What Is the Omnilux Contour™ FACE?
The Omnilux Contour™ FACE is an at-home flexible, portable, non-invasive light therapy device that uses medical-grade light emitting diodes (LED) to bathe the skin in red (633nm) and infrared (830nm) light. It works on a cellular level to stimulate collagen, providing anti-aging results with no pain or downtime. The Contour can be used as a stand-alone skin rejuvenation treatment or to boost the results of other skin procedures including BroadBand Light, microdermabrasion, microneedling, peels, lasers, and injectables.
The Contour is FDA-approved for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles and it is the first at-home mask that delivers similar efficacy as an in-clinic professional treatment.
What makes the Omnilux Contour FACE so special?
Omnilux Contour FACE is the first flexible home use device which is clinically proven to deliver the correct wavelengths and energy to promote global skin health. It is produced by the most tested and trusted brand of LED phototherapy systems on the market today. Since 2003, Omnilux has been the gold standard around the world for esthetic LED technology.
Who are the best candidates for the Omnilux Contour FACE?
We would recommend this mask for anyone looking for prejuvenation or an improvement in skin brightness, fine lines, and/or wrinkles. We would not recommend this mask if you have melasma that is worsened by light therapies. There are also medical reasons why this mask would not be indicated. Please review the "Recommended For" tab to see if you should not use this device.
How often should the Omnilux Contour FACE be used? And how soon should results be seen?
The Omnilux Contour face should be used for 10 minutes per treatment, 3-5 times a week for four weeks, followed by 1-2 times a week for maintenance. The effects of LED light on your skin are cumulative and the benefits should be seen after a few weeks of regular use.
Is there any down-time or precautions to take following a treatment with the Omnilux Contour FACE?
No, LED works beneath the surface of the skin and should not cause sensitivity.
Can the Omnilux Contour FACE be used elsewhere on the body?
Absolutely! The flexible design allows the Contour to be used on the body, including the neck, chest, and hands.
Can the Omnilux Contour FACE be used with my skincare routine?
We recommend using medical grade skin care after the treatment, as absorption will still be good because of the increased blood flow and oxygenation.
How soon after using the Omnilux Contour FACE can products be applied?
Immediately following the treatment.
How often does the Omnilux Contour FACE need to be charged?
One charge lasts approximately 140 minutes, or 14 ten-minute sessions.
What are the potential adverse effects with the Omnilux Contour FACE?
The manufacturer does not report any adverse effects when used as indicated. We feel that if you have melasma that does not respond favorably to light therapies (such as Broadband Light or Intense Pulsed Light), you should not use this device.
Do you need eye protection with the Omnilux Contour FACE?
No, it has been tested and conforms to medical device standards including IEC/EN 62471 Photobiological eye safety standard. However, if you are concerned about ocular sensitivity, you can purchase some light blocking goggles and use them during your treatment.
How long is the warranty on the Omnilux Contour FACE?
2 years for the mask, 1 year for the battery.
How do you clean the Omnilux Contour FACE?
With a water-based wipe or a damp clean cloth. For stubborn stains a 70% alcohol solution may be used. Allow to air dry.
Why We Love It
We love this mask because we have been able to see skin improvements (particularly increased skin brightness) within a few days of consistent use. We love that Omnilux has been manufacturing medical-grade LED devices for doctors' offices for decades and have numerous peer-reviewed studies to show that their products actually work.
Use 3-5 times per week for 4-6 weeks for optimal results, followed by maintenance treatments 1-2 times a week. Each treatment will last 10 minutes - there is an automatic timer that shuts the mask off after the allotted time.
The Omnilux Contour FACE is recommended for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles for most skin types, with the following exceptions:
- DO NOT use Omnilux Contour FACE to treat any other conditions apart from those listed in the indications for use. The Omnilux Contour FACE has not been tested for any other conditions than those listed and the risk is unknown.
- DO NOT use Omnilux Contour FACE if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. The Omnilux Contour FACE has NOT been tested on pregnant or breast-feeding women and therefore the risk to the fetus, neonate or pregnant women is unknown.
- DO NOT use Omnilux Contour FACE if you suffer from lupus erythematosus, photosensitive eczema or albinism. If you use the Omnilux Contour FACE to treat lupus erythematosus, photosensitive eczema or albinism you may cause a severe skin reaction.
- DO NOT use Omnilux Contour FACE if you suffer from any photosensitive disorder (sensitization to light). If you use the Omnilux Contour FACE and you suffer from a photosensitive disorder you may cause a severe skin reaction.
- DO NOT use Omnilux Contour FACE if you are taking any medication that can cause photosensitivity. If you use the Omnilux Contour FACE and you are taking any medication that can cause photosensitivity you may cause a severe skin reaction.
- DO NOT use Omnilux Contour FACE if you suffer from light induced headaches.
- DO NOT use Omnilux Contour FACE if you suffer from any genetic conditions of the eye. Photosensitivity is a common side effect of various medications. These can include certain antibiotics, chemotherapy drugs, and diuretics. If you are unsure about any medication you may be taking consult your healthcare provider.
- Other substances not listed above can also cause photosensitivity. Common examples of these substances are: St John's wort, coal tar, deodorants, antibacterial soaps, artificial sweeteners, naphthalene (mothballs), petroleum products.